Saturday 14 April 2012

just some tests...

So CryEngine3 Update 3.4 is out so I had to go and check it out. It has added a few functions that I will need so in a couple of days when I have some more stuff ready I will propably switch to it. Mainly it has alot of fixes to some issues that I had. They've added Cascade Bias control which will help alot with lightbleeding in some areas. Most important is that they've added DX11 rendering and some new shaders for Light beams and such which will help me achieve few things inside the engine.

Enyway here's some screengrabs. Although my lighting drasticly changed in the new version I will have to propably set it up again.

Current version that I'm using
 3.4 version on DX 11 (lighting is fucked up I know)

Wen't back to the older version (DX9) and started testing few things. Ultimetly I wanted to achieve this sort of Industrial warehouse dark and moody lighting. Sort of like in the last shots of "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" where the ark was stored in the top secret US warehouse. This was just a quicky and it needs alot more work. Will leave that aside for now and continue with the rest of the plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment